EDITION SIZE 75 AP25 PP25
CANVAS SIZE: 20" W x 19" H
- Jim Lee first gained popularity as a comic book artist for Marvel Comics working on titles like "Alpha Flight," and "Punisher: War Journal." Before he helped make X-Men #1 the best- selling comic book of all time, Jim Lee's artwork from Uncanny X-Men had already inspired a legion of fans.
- This painting was created for the multiple, interlocking covers of X-MEN #1 (1991 series) which centered on the launch of a second X-Men series. The book featured the return of Xavier and the original X-Men.
- The first issues were written by long-standing X-Men writer Chris Claremont and drawn and co-plotted by Jim Lee. This book is the highest selling book in comic book history, selling close to 8 million copies.
- This artwork was created in a limited edition as a giclee print with archival inks on premium canvas.
- Each piece of the edition has been numbered and is signed by Jim Lee.
- The Artist's Proofs and the Printer's Proofs are signed by both Jim Lee and Stan Lee. The APs are $1075 and the PPs are $1175.